There usually is not a day that goes by where someone from a social media provider taking a shot at justifying the lack of Google+ worthiness as part of any digital marketing strategy. Why they think what they say is influential to changing the fact Google+ is the best social platform for curating all content posted to the Google Search is part of the concern anyone reading their message should have.
There is no debate that every business who is interested in connecting directly with their consumers has to have a broad digital footprint. This means they need to be everywhere in the social spaces. This includes a very strong presence on Google+.
I could sight a number of these articles as reference to what I am referring to, but all that would do is draw more attention to their ad filled site which I image is why they write these articles. Still, many people are influenced by what these people are saying which is sad. It’s sad because their statements on Google+ being worthless are based on no fact…or if there is a fact stated it is based on an unvalidated survey.
The fact is, and still remains so, that most of these people who make these statements about Google+’s worthiness do not even use G+, or if they do it was for a few minutes. Many of these G+ naysayers appear from their digital footprint to be intoxicated on the TwitterBook Koolaide these companies are pouring up freely.
But, enough of the rationalization on these digital marketing group’s interest to keep their clients from finding out what Google+ can offer them. Let’s turn the question to why isn’t Google bellying up to the social media bar and calling these naysayers out? Why is Google leaving their gunfight up to people like me to address the strengths Google+ has over the other social network platforms? Why isn’t Google pouring up their stat reports that show the other social spaces are propped up with millions of fake users who keep their engagement reports artificially high?
The questions will keep coming on both sides of this issue until Google brings a gun to the knife fight.
As far as why I so frequently address the G+ vs the Social Network World issue is that I have found, through my professional and personal use of the other social networks, the exact opposite of what these reports against Google+ are broadcasting. It is through these real life productivity of Google+ that meets my, and my company’s, needs is why I do not agree with those who say Google+ is a waste of time.
The Power of Google+
Here are just a few of the things Google+ has over the other social spaces that every consumer and business person should know.
- All Content is immediately searchable. Yes, that is a big deal because at some point during everyone’s day they are going to call up Google to search something. What is posted on G+ will be more prominently placed in their search, which the other social spaces will not get.
- More appealing interface with other Google products. For businesses looking for a smoother operations this is a huge deal.
- Cleaner landscape, less cluttered stream of content. This also matters since Google+ posts are easier on the eyes and provides less distractions.
- Larger, more intelligent and consumer savvy user-base. Google seems to care who uses Google+ by filtering out the less desirable users.
There are two points from this post:
- I strongly suggest the naysayers of Google+ make sure they have a complete digital footprint that includes a strong Google+ presences before they post more ‘click-bait’ articles or stand before a group of business people to belittle those who use Google+.
- More importantly, if the Google Search Engine is truly their core product, then Google needs to take off their Google Glasses, and put their full resources behind the promotion of Google+, the best quality content producing product they have going for them.
I will say it again and again….let me know how I can help.