You can say what you will about how today’s businesses needing to learn to deal with changing frequently and quickly, but the fact is every change a business makes costs them something. And believe me…making a change in business is Not Cheap.
Take for example the hot topic of Google dismantling Google+.
Since the summer of 2011, Google has had the chance to take control of the internet with Google+ being the social platform of choice. All they needed to do was Market Google+ and the changes they made recently would have never been needed.
But, NO…Google took a left turn instead of a right and now they have put Google+ into a tailspin to what probably will result in a slow death.
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah..I know. For me to say that is tough. But, after receiving dozens of emails from business owners who I have trained on using Google+ asking me to take their Google+ Business Pages down because of either they don’t have time to deal with figuring out the changes Google made or they now don’t see how the time spent using Google+ is going to help them get their message out to their market.
Again, I could be wrong on what I am seeing Google doing to the Businesses who fell in love with Google+ once they were training, but from what I am reading others saying they hear Google telling them as why Google is changing Google+ I probably am not wrong in saying Google has jumped the shark with Google+.
What Google+ Still Is:
- Google+ is still a much cleaner designed social network
- Google+ has much less Spam and Unwanted Comments to public posts
- Google+ Content still is seen more often in the Google Search stream than other social platforms
- Google+ still has the potential to being the #1 social network
What Google+ Has Become:
- Google+ has lost it’s appeal to mainstream businesses due to Google not directly marketing Google+.
- Google+ is now very difficult to understand how to use.
- Google+ was once a porthole to the rest of Google’s Products.
- Google+ has given marketers and market influencers yet another reason to hammer the public with why G+ is worthless as a social network.
- Google+ is now just a place for people who live on 3rd party content aggregators to post content to and never interact with their viewers.
- What Google+ Will Possibly Become:
- Google+ will eventually provide less benefit to those who use Google+ to post news or authoritative content.
- Google+ will be left to niche or special interest individuals who are not interested in having interaction with humans.
What Google+ Still Does Well
- I’m still using Google+ daily and I am still seeing my G+ post appearing in the Google Search field for which is satisfying for the time being.
- Google+ still is the place to go for intelligent conversations.
- Google+ still is the only social platform that deals with Spam immediately.
However, the changes being made are in fact running more people off…and these are people who matter to Google. Why Google is not listening to people like me who are in the G+ stream on an average of 10 hours a day and why Google is seemingly not interested in going for a more stronger footing in the social networking arena is getting people to feel G+ is riding off into the sunset.
I really hope this is not the case, but since Google is not directly responding to any of the concerns being expressed it does not reassure their users otherwise. One can only hope.
As always…Let me know how I can help.